Pt. Loma Prayer

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Standing Still

"Moses answered the people, 'Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.'" Exodus 14:13-14

The thought frequently comes to me that I might need to do something more in order to see God move on my campus. With that thought comes fears and uncertainty. The Lord keeps reminding me that I only need to obey Him and he will take care of the rest. The spiritual state of my campus is ultimately in His hands. He has asked me to gather the people together and I have done that. Now I need only stand firm, be still and watch what the Lord will do. Rather than think about all the things I could or should do, I have to keep resting in the shadow of His wing and being in communion with him, only moving when he clearly asks me to. It's a good life under his wing, under the mighty hand of God, and I rejoice in this daily. I am determined not to let the theif steal my peace and joy these last few weeks of college. So ha! I get excited because the Lord is moving and I know that I will see his deliverance, I will see his salvation. Because he who promised is faithful. Behold He comes!!

Another thing that encourages me is that we are already seeing the firstfruits of his promise being fulfilled. He said "Gather the people together and I will give them water". So we have gathered, and many are being refreshed daily as we join together in prayer, including me! I am still believing for a mighty outpouring of the Spirit over our whole campus but I continue to thank the Lord for the daily manna.

"But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me." Psalm 13:5-6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home