Pt. Loma Prayer

Friday, May 12, 2006

25 Days of Noonhour prayer

This school year ended today and we finished off our last noonhour prayer meeting of the year. I took my last final this morning and graduate tomorrow! What could be better than ending my last day of college with prayer? And hey, my "12x400m plus 15 minutes of tempo" workout I get to do in a half hour only adds to the joy of finishing college. haha.
I can't believe that we have prayed everyday since we came back from Easter break. It's been so amazing and I have been so blessed by everyone that has been part of it. Who would have thought that I would make a ton of new friends in the last few weeks of school! Prayer this week was really powerful because a small group of us were there everyday. Today we were especially blessed because the wife of one of the staff on campus came over when she saw that we were praying and prayed for us. I don't know where the Lord is going from here but I know this is not the end. We also prayed over the campus for this summer and for those who are staying to work or take classes.
So now that 21 (or 25) days of noonhour prayer is over, the question is, will I keep this blog? Will I get another blog? I will have to think about that one. But until then, here is my closing word to all who have been out there on the deck above Jesus and Peter these last 25 days, and to all across the nation who are following Jesus:

"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord." 1 Cor. 15:58

I am filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit and I give all glory and praise to God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I come to the end of a season and say that "...the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." 2 Tim. 4:6-7

And I close with the song that we have closed prayer with the last 3 days...complete with the guy/girl echo!.....

And as for me I watch and hope for the Lord.
I look to God my savior.
My God will hear me.
And we will walk in the name of the Lord our God forever.
We will walk in the name of the Lord our God forever...forever...forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! You're awesome, D. I miss you right now. I am in a cubicle--kind of. Can you imagine?!

Love,
A

 

Post a Comment

<< Home